Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Review of "The Priest's Graveyard"

The Priest’s Graveyard has touched me in a way few books have. It has reminded me why I want to be a writer. I don’t feel this way just because of the story’s vivid characters, intense plot, and surprising twists that only Dekker can create. And it’s also not just because I found myself laughing out loud at spots and choking back tears at others. And it’s not just the dark edge to the story that kept me on the edge of my seat. What got me most about this book was the story itself. I really feel like I went on a journey with these characters, and I lived the story myself. This book changed my perspective of the world; I can’t look at myself or others in the same way I used to.  It’s hard to believe I can learn so much truth from a fictional story, but this book has opened my eyes. I can’t explain how, but this book got under my skin and stayed there. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment