Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Major Geek

I decided to major in English because I am a major English geek (and if you liked my play on words there, then you probably are one too!). I always have been and I'm sure I always will be. And that's just fine with me. I've always loved reading and writing stories, so it seemed fitting for me to become an English major. Everyone always asks me what I'm going to do with a degree in English writing, and I always say that I don't know. I really want to be an author and write books for a living, which was fine when I was a kid, but now people want to hear a realistic answer. So for now I'm keeping my options open.


Last spring I had a majorly geeky yet wonderful opportunity to meet my favorite author, Ted Dekker. It was one of the most amazing days of my life, and I'm so glad I had the chance to go to "The Gathering" and book signing. Hearing Ted Dekker speak about being a writer inspired me even more to persue my dream of becoming an author. But for now at least, I just write for fun. Lately, it's been mostly poems that I've been writing. I found a website where I can post them and get comments from people who read them. http://www.inkpop.com/profile/me/ If you read all these, you might think I'm a really depressed, cynical person, but honestly, I'm not! I just only feel like writing poetry and being expressive when I'm in a bad mood, for some odd reason. Let me know what you think of it! Constructive criticism is always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment